In order to achieve the best results, it is best to follow the pre and post microblading instructions.
Prior to your procedure, clients are advised of the following:
– Do not pick/tweeze/wax/perform electrolysis one week before the procedure.
– Do not tan two weeks prior or have a sunburned face.
– Do not have any type of facial/peel 2 weeks prior to treatment.
– Discontinue Vitamin A/Retinol products one month prior to treatment.
– Do not work out the day of the procedure.
– Do not have botox 3 weeks prior.
– Do not take Fish Oil or Vitamin E one week prior (natural blood thinners).
– Do not tint your eyebrows 3 days before the procedure.
In order to avoid excessive bleeding and poor colour deposit:
– Do not drink alcohol 24 – 48 hours before your tattoo
– Do not consume coffee before your procedure
– Avoid aspirin/ibuprofen and any vitamins that may thin your blood for 72 hours.
Feel free to come in with their brow makeup on so our technician can see your every day look you prefer. Reference pictures of shapes and colours of brows are always welcomed. We will then work together to create the perfect brows!
After your procedure, clients MUST follow these instructions:
– Gently blot the area with a clean tissue to absorb excess lymph fluid. Do this for the full day after the procedure until the oozing has stopped.
– Wash daily to remove bacteria and dead skin (don’t worry …this does not remove pigment!) gently and with a very light touch, wash your eyebrows each morning and night with your fingertips, water and antibacterial soap like Dial, Cetaphil or Neutrogena. Ensure it is rinsed well. Gently pat dry with a clean tissue or soft towel. Do not use any cleaning products that contain acids or any exfoliants.
– Apply a rice grain amount of aftercare with a cotton swab and spread it across the treated area twice daily. Be sure to not apply too much as it will suffocate your skin and delay healing. Never put it on the wet or damp skin. It should be barely noticeable on the skin.
– Use a fresh clean pillowcase
– You may shower or bathe normally, but avoid getting any soaps, shampoos or other cleansers on the treated area for the first five days as they can be detrimental to the bonding process that must take place for the pigment to stabilize in the dermis.
– DO NOT pick or scratch at the dry skin/flakiness; let the skin fall off naturally. Picking can cause scarring and premature loss of pigment.
IMPORTANT: Once the flakes have fallen off, a shiny layer of healing skin will completely cover the hair strokes. It may appear as though the tattooed area has completely disappeared. Within 1-2 weeks, the hair strokes will slowly reappear at a lighter shade as your skin regenerates.
– DO NOT apply make-up to the tattooed area for the first 2 weeks. Cosmetics of any kind may interfere with the healing and colour of your tattoo.
– DO NOT use Vaseline, Neosporin or other petroleum-based products while healing.
– DO NOT bleach, tint or dye the tattooed area for one month following the procedure.
– DO NOT apply any anti-acne products (e.g. Benzoyl Peroxide, Salicylic Acid, Proactiv, etc.) or lightening creams (skin bleaching creams) such as hydroquinone to the treated area while healing.
– NO anti-ageing products or facial products containing Alpha Hydroxyls (AHAs), Retin-A, Lactic or Glycolic Acids
– DO NOT thread, wax, or use hair removal products on the treated area while healing.
– NO exercising and/or sweating for a few days prior to getting tattooed and for one week after.
– NO swimming pools, jacuzzis or other bodies of water for two weeks.
– DO NOT soak your face underwater in a bathtub or allow the shower to spray directly in your face for two weeks.
Remember, with the proper prep and aftercare routine you will have much better results with your Microblading/combo Brows procedure.
*Individual results will vary*