Elegance Sculpting is committed to ensuring the highest standards of safety at all times, but even more so during COVID-19. Below is an in-depth list of the various levels of precautions we are taking at this time, as well as, guest expectations and procedures for treatment.
Please bring any questions or concerns to our team and we will be happy to answer them.
COVID-19 Screening – ‘Screen Green’
For the safety of patients, staff and our community, all guests and service providers must ‘Screen Green’ to the following questions before they enter the clinic facility:
Free from COVID-19 Symptoms:
- NO fever, cough, shortness of breath
- NO flu or cold-like symptoms
- NO generally feeling unwell
Free from COVID-19 Exposure:
- NOT been in close contact with someone with COVID-19 or any flu or cold-like symptoms in the past 14 days
- NOT travelled outside of BC in the past 14 days
- NOT been in close contact with anyone who has travelled outside of BC in the past 14 days
Anyone who answers YES to any of these questions will not be permitted to enter the spa facility at this time. If you have an appointment booked and need to cancel or re-book or if you have any questions please call our team or send us an email.
Service Providers Procedures and Policies
The following are measures that our service providers are taking to keep our environment safe. These are the minimum measures and more sanitation will be taking place as well.
- If Service Providers do not ‘Screen Green’ they will call 811 and report the incident, all guests that they have interacted with within the last 5 days will be notified. Their appointments will be cancelled until they can safely and healthily return to work.
- Health Canada already requires spas and salons to adhere to rigorous standards of cleanliness and sanitation. To enhance these measures we have completed our Beauty Safe Level 1 and Level 2 certifications for general services, nail technician services and esthetic services. This is done every 3 years. If you need to see a copy of the certificate, please ask.
- Service Providers, when possible will practice good hand hygiene in the treatment room with guests before and after the treatment. When this is not possible, this will be verbally indicated to the guest. If cross-contamination is suspected, the treatment will be momentarily suspended and the service provider will adhere to strict hand hygiene practices.
- Treatment rooms will be disinfected with the appropriate level of disinfectant for furnishings, implements etc before and after the treatment. We use a variety of disinfectants including RTU, CS 20 and an autoclave machine so that our reprocessing procedures are effective and safe. Each room will have a timer to ensure that each level of disinfectant is completed before and after every treatment.
- To build trust, head rests and door knobs will be sanitized with the guest in the treatment room, prior to treatment commencing.
- Service providers will have available them: nitrile gloves, surgical masks, aprons or lab coats, face shields and protective eyewear to use during the treatment to protect the guests and themselves. They have a specific outline for what service requires what gear. Any service that requires us close to the face will have the service provider fully covered, a face shield will be mandatory. If a guest is not comfortable with the PPE the service provider is in, they can request any of the available PPE provided to insure they feel comfortable and protected throughout their treatment.
- Our reception area is quite large and will be clearly marked out with social distancing policies in place.
- Our service providers will at all times adhere to social distancing policies with other services providers and other guests. When it is not possible to do so, PPE policies are in place that they will comply with.
- At all time, even prior to COVID-19- our implements were cleaned, disinfected and sanitized to highest standards. Each service provider will have their own set of implements that they will be working with, each implement will be labelled and after the reprocessing has been done, each implement will be placed in a sterilization bag. You will see these implements in their sterilization bag before treatment commences.
- Laundry will be washed according to treatment type: manicure towels with manicure towels, pedicure supplies with pedicure supplies etc. Laundry will be washed with hot water and dried to the “very hot” setting as this is a proven way to further sanitizer the laundry. At this time we will not be using massage covers. Each service will have fresh towels, linens, disposable towels, disposable coverings.
- At the spa we want to maintain a welcoming environment, and while we want to catch up, lengthy conversations are discouraged. Your relaxation is of most importance. As COVID-19 is easily spread through breath, we ask that you keep your conversation to a quiet level at all times, as we want to secure a relaxed environment at all times.
- Deep cleaning with disinfectant in the common areas and treatment rooms will happen during the day before and after each treatment and each check out. Our deep cleaning in the evening will continue.
- Service providers will arrive at staggered intervals and will be given extra time to accomplish all the sanitization for each treatment.
- Service providers will also have staggered lunch times.
- No two service providers shall be in the reprocessing room at the same time, this is to insure that each implement is thoroughly reprocessed.
- Subject to change per PHO (Provincial Health Officer) regulations. We are in fully compliance with any previous guidelines by the PHO of British Columbia.