Vancouver Island Cryotherapy
Skip the ice baths—there’s new technology in town. We are so excited to offer Parksville, BC and Vancouver Island as a whole cryotherapy treatments at Elegance Sculpting.
The 2-3 minute session involves exposing the body to -150 to -180 Degrees Celsius using Nitrogen Gas to induce numerous health benefits. When your body is exposed to that extreme cold, it reacts by undergoing vasoconstriction and centralizing blood around key internal organs. Once your body is removed from the cold, the super-oxygenated blood helps reduce inflammation and boost overall energy.
Although cryotherapy can be an effective treatment for anyone, you may have heard of it via professional athletes. Many sports teams and individual athletes add cryotherapy prior to games or events to improve performance and speed recovery.
The Benefits of Cryotherapy
Health & Wellness
- Increased endorphins for overall improved mood
- Pain relief from joint disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia
- Alleviation of depression, anxiety, fatigue, insomnia, migraines and the effects of stress
Sports & Fitness
- Increased energy levels
- Enhanced muscle activation
- Decreased muscle soreness, spasms and inflammation
Beauty & Anti-Aging
- Increased collagen production, help reduce signs of wrinkles and cellulite
- Increases blood flow and removes unwanted toxins
- Healthier overall complexion
- Reduced recovery time
- Decrease of inflammation
- Effective pain management (increased endorphins)
- Improved circulation to aid in healing and removal of toxins
- Increased circulation for toxin release
- Boosts the body’s natural Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR)
- Increased calories burned (some reports suggest ups to 500-800 additional calories for the 24 hours post-treatment)
Cryotherapy has been reported to burn 500-800 calories post-treatment due to the body being tricked into “freezing” mode and working that much harder to heat the body up.
While the Cryotherapy chamber is a small space, your head remains out of the chamber for the entirety of the 2-3 minute treatment. Your technician will also stay with you throughout the treatment to ensure you are comfortable.
While your skin will return to its regular temperature within minutes, you will feel the benefits of Cryotherapy for the day/s to come—you will likely feel energized while your muscles will feel rejuvenated. You are free to return to your normal, daily routine immediately post treatment. Many athletes will complete their Cryotherapy sessions prior to working out for better performance. We do however recommend waiting 4-6 hours prior to entering a sauna or any extreme heat environments.
Cryotherapy involved extreme, cold temperatures. Individuals who have untreated high or low blood pressure, are pregnant, have a pacemaker or struggle with poor circulation should not attempt treatment. As with any new treatment, please consult your family doctor.
Some professional athletes do up to two Cryotherapy session per day; however, please consult your family doctor and technician.
We recommend keeping your socks on in addition to the provided slippers. We will also provide you with a rope for your treatment, however most clients will wear their undergarments.
Cryotherapy sessions are full-body treatments that last between 2-3 minutes, depending on an individual’s ability to tolerate the cold.